Thursday, April 12, 2007

Side Note!

Interesting Article: http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20070223a/barton_01.shtml

It is an article series that covers Computer RPG history from Dark Ages (Pre 1979) through today, more or less. It does leave off a few favorites of mine such as Fountain of Dreams by EA (very similiar to Wasteland but with some twists) but it seems to be pretty darn comprehensive!

I've got a weakness for classic CRPGs as I cut my teeth on a few of them. Pools of Radiance and Hillsfar namely. I still play Roguelikes from time to time (ADOM is one of my favorites). And Quest for Glory I & II rank as two of my favorite games of all time.

I can admit, however, to never having played Fallout. I don't know how it (didn't) happen but it's something I still seek to remedy. It's probably the most shameful thing on my gaming legacy.

No comments: